Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 July 2011

George RR Martin Reveals Upcoming Dunk & Egg Collection


In a recent interview with Chapters/Indigo, George RR Martin revealed an upcoming collection of the Dunk and Egg novellas, otherwise known as The Hedge Knight series.

"As for other series, other things, well, I have signed a deal.  I just signed a contract with Bantam to do a collection of my Dunk & Egg novellas, which take place in Westeros a hundred years before.  We’re going to do a collection of the first four of those (three of which are already written).  The fourth one I have yet to write, and that one will appear in the anthology “Dangerous Women,” which I’m editing with Gardner Dozois.  And then after “Dangerous Women” it will be reprinted in this collection.  And there will be more Dunk & Eggs.  Four does not tell the entire story.  I want to take these two characters through their entire lives and that will probably require, I don’t know, eight, nine, ten, twelve novellas.  Written over the years, I sort of slipped them in between the books so it’ll take me a while.  But, you know, that’s more Westeros material."

In an earlier post, I mentioned such a collection would be forthcoming. George, I didn't know you followed my blog!

Here's a link to the whole interview: Chapters/Indigo interview with GRRM.

No comments:

Post a Comment